Wednesday, January 23, 2008

About damn time...

Dear Reader(s)

Before I hear a barrage of profanities from my reader (readers I hope by now. I mean if you can watch britney go bat sh*t crazy on youtube you can definitely read me ramblings eh!) I apologise for the massive gap in postings. I guess I kind of just went off it for a bit. The last two months of the year gone by were strange and retrospective in a very "kitch" way.

Of course, I don't mean I hit rock bottom (with constant fantasies about innovative ways to end my life)! I was just feeling a bit jaded with a tinge monotony in it.

I took a break from it all- movies, books, friends, blog et all but unfortunately was dumb enough to not take a break from chocolates! Result being a slight increase in my girth or maybe I am being paranoid again (I hope its the latter). And again to sound very tacky (as they say) the new year was a burst of refreshed thinking, rekindling my 'love affair' with life (I had to say it, I JUST had to ok!!)

Lets turn now to the vast plethora of topics I have had bubbling up in me. There is literally so much to talk about that I haven't a clue where to begin! So I guess it would be best to take this month wise. Here it goes:

October was a month that died of quickly and astonishingly quietly, Diwali fever and buzz was griping the city, but somehow I just wasn't into it. Then one morning when I was dragging my beleaguered bum to work, I saw something that just made my entire week. It was a very simple thing but something far profound. At this red light I saw this group of kids calling out to a transvestite screaming 'aunty! aunty! aunty!' at the top of their lungs. She went over them and they all clamored to the window of the sturdy old amby (Ambassador car), waiting eagerly and earnestly for her to lay her hands on them. For a minute I saw a smile on this woman's face..a smile like none other. A smile of true happiness, true contentment. That is what got me thinking. In another few years the bond that had so obviously developed between her and the kids, would dilapidate under the guise of morals, ethics, culture and the 'right thing'. Yet at this moment, at this fleeting second on a red light, none could be happier.....and it made me smile too. It made me happy and for some strange reason it reassured me that no matter how utterly a mess our lives might be in, we still can have those simple moments. Moments which are enough to make us happy. And even though I was feeling utterly bleak then...it made me happy too!

December was messy but fun! I had this magnificent lunch at home with some of my closest friends. To keep it short, people got drunk, bitchy and had loads of fun!! But what was the learning curve you ask...well exactly that. The lunch was the learning curve!! Your crazy you say...nah! See its simple and a very old done to the death idea. Friends!!! They are the true fountain of youth! When Juan Ponce de León went looking for the fabled fountain in Florida What he really should have done was throw a lunch party at home with his amigos. Its amazing how a bunch of friends can make you forget all about life, work, boyfriend/girlfriend/lover et all you actually do! I did :-)

P.S- The new year was equally emphatic. all I remember is running through the streets of JNU at 3 am!!

And then came 2008!
Its been quite the roller coaster already. Important decisions have been made, past monsters have been conquered and some have yet to be tackled. This will perhaps be a pivotal year,risk have to be taken, new directions chosen. And the time has come to move out of the box, built in this world of parties,pr, polo and champagne. Its time to unravel and begin the process anew. Tricky you might say but it has to be done, what we fear has to be faced head on (of course being dressed in a chic Marc Jacobs jacket with a Paul Smith trouser only helps. sigh!!).

And so friendships have ended, some have been reanalyzed and a certain 'flame' rekindled. Will this all play out like a Blake Edwards movie, with Julie Andrews singing her heart out or will it all crumble down in a Shakespearean style....I don't know. But its the 'not knowing' that fascinates me so.....
And so I saunter off humming "La Vie En Rose" by Edith Paif (love her!) to give this ride a go :)

x
The boy who(still) knows too little
P.S- Promise will be back soon with lots more

No comments: